Monday, April 4, 2011

How To Dry Up Phlegm In An Baby

Adolescence and risks


few days ago, our resident Vanessa Ayala, published an entry about a clinic session on adolescent care which he expressed that "Physically, the adolescent may be considered a healthy individual, they sick on rare occasions" , a few lines below we read "... because of the sense of invulnerability and omnipotence of the adolescent, it must be remembered that this can lead to maintain risk behaviors (snuff, alcohol, drugs, etc). " This hypothesis seems to have come true, because for the first time kills more teenagers than children in the world. I was struck by the study, published in The Lancet , analyzing mortality data in the last five decades in 50 countries with high, medium and low income. The study finds that although overall mortality rates have declined, the numbers of premature deaths are far higher in people aged between 15 and 24. The causes are mainly violence, suicide and traffic accidents.

When a teen comes first to my query from the query of Pediatrics, I have the habit of scheduling a visit with him, which he titled " Welcome to the world of adults" , I know that this consultation should continue minimum technical standards of the service portfolio to weigh, height, power sockets, vision inspection, exploration mouth ... but sincerely I miss. In this consultation, which usually lasts about 20 minutes talking about adolescent sexuality ("awakening") , snuff, alcohol and other drugs ("forbidden") and traffic accidents ("the pleasure of risk ") . I know it's little time for such broad topics, but it's not a lecture, and strokes are just a way to open the door of my office in case I need. For me, frankly, is one of the most rewarding queries I do, and in view of the public believes that I have not changed my clinical practice, time will have to weigh, sizes ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment