Wednesday, April 13, 2011

3 Digit Permutation Calculator

The end of life.


few weeks ago I'm in the month of free rotation of the tutor with palliative care units located in the CS Zarandona, this quiet period in which we leave to our residents at the forefront of the consultation and we move into be spectators and apprentices in the various facets of our profession. Well, for me is proving a breath of fresh air to see how these partners working despite the situations that continually serve. Some you may think that what a cool treat patients and families who are living final situation, farewell, with many feelings on the environment, ... but hey, it's my feeling. I've gone to rediscover who was my mentor and teacher, with whom they regard as mentors when I was a resident and a group of people working toward a common goal: to help all those involved in the final stages of being human. The work environment from the outside is calm, quiet, everything slows down, I think that's what I want to pass them as the end of life (of course, as I see it, the personal situation that each of these professionals must live can be very different). Are other rhythms to which we in primary care, is imbued this climate, the days I have been to pass the query when my dorm this outgoing call, I caught it and see "was otherwise" yes lie a tremendous backlog.

I also noticed the amount of people we help: on the one hand we have professionals (like me) who need support when faced with the end of the patients, we ask whether we are doing well, doubts in cancer treatments, etc .... Then the patient, a central figure throughout the process, and last key figures, all that surrounds it: family, caregivers, .... In fact recently we went to a 95 year old patient who was undergoing last days / hours as they say (very malic and I would say) and while there were serving about 12 people at a time (the patient, the 5 sons, 2 daughters, 3 grandchildren and 1 neighbor), and out of an area of \u200b\u200bthe house to another, in the days before there had been a job with most of them concerning how could the end all, and come this time I could see the end of the cycle, the patient died within 2 hours of leave home. The next day we went to the funeral to offer his condolences to the family and nearly complete the process (was a last visit to the family a week later to collect the material and see how we were and the feelings of "those who have been"). Noting the daily work of all of them have seen how important it is to identify (as we try to make us in the office) who are in need of all those listed above: sometimes we are professionals, patients and family are calm but it is we we do not condone the final standings. Sometimes the family or patient, or both. Generally everyone is going to require help and support, each in a certain degree, but if we locate the most needy are more effective interventions.

Finally say that I have rarely seen so sincere appreciation and emotional as here of patients and families / carers throughout the process and when it ends the work done. So, on behalf of all of them and myself learned so thanks to all: Eduardo, Rosa, Pepe, Isabel, Censi, Toni, Michael, Head, Ana, Mercedes, Maria and Pilar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment