Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spider Babe Misty Mundae 1

Doctor, look at me! I have melancholy

I have a friend who called the doctor at the UN and not because he works for the institution, but because it has counted more than 40 different nationalities in its quota. In this reality of our consultations, a few days ago appeared a patient, a Colombian, who after the initial greeting tells me

.- Doctor, look at me! I have sadness.

Given this expression, unusual, I establish the relationship melancholy depression (melancholy . (Del lat. Melancholia ) f. vague sadness, deep, quiet, permanent, born of natural causes or moral, which causes the sufferer can not find pleasure or fun at all.) and the beginning of an interview aimed to assess the extent of it. During the interrogation was a dissonance between my language and expression. After a few minutes of conversation, told him that I find nothing in the interview that made me suspect a depressive background to what he told me that of course which is phenomenal, he's happy and that is certainly not depressed. Before this, I insist:

. - So ... How do you say that it is melancholy?

.- But why, look at me! I have "a melancholy white patch on the back."

Paso to effectively explore and discover a little below the neck an irregular spot, white, slightly larger than a coin of 2 euros, making a rapid diagnosis of these we do based solely on observation.

told him what I know of this dermatological condition and say that this disease la conoce normalmente como vitíligo , a lo que él me contesta que en su país es padecer de la melancolía. La sonrisa brotó en nuestras caras. Al parecer en otros países al vitíligo se le llama también bienteveo . Un caso más de los que vivimos día a día en nuestras consultas y aprendemos de nuestros pacientes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment